You may hear or be advised to double cleanse as part of your skincare routine. It is quite self-explanatory in the fact that you use two cleansers, instead of one.
For double cleansing you can use our oil-based Reviving Cleansing Cream and Brilliant Balm or use them alongside another cleanser such as a milk, gel or liquid based cleanser. The main thing about double cleansing is using two different cleansers as they have different ingredients and do different things. You can use the same one if you wish though – it really is personal preference.
Think of the first cleanse as removing spf, make-up, dirt and grime and then second cleanse as the massage stage, working the product into the skin and getting rid of any leftover unwanted product and grime build up.
When cleansing, make sure you are not rubbing the skin or dragging it. If you feel as though your skin feels sensitive from doing a double cleanse then stick to just one, as it’s important not to irritate the skin.
The Lucy Bee Reviving Cleansing Cream contains:
- Turmeric – due to the anti-bacterial properties in turmeric it can help to soothe and heal the skin and help reduce redness.
- Coconut Oil – the secret to removing even the most stubborn waterproof mascara due to the fatty acids, and is skin conditioning.
- Passion Flower Oil and Bisabolol - protect the skin against daily environmental stresses.
- Grapeseed Oil - contains linoleic acid which helps the skin stay hydrated and nourished after cleansing.
The Lucy Bee Brilliant Balm contains:
- Squalane – is moisturising and helps improve firmness, and reduces lines and wrinkles.
- Bisabolol - hydrates and moisturises.
- Rosehip – an emollient meaning it locks in moisture
- Coconut Oil - the secret to removing even the most stubborn waterproof mascara due to the fatty acids, and is skin conditioning.
Double cleansing is something you want to do in the evening, to remove daily grime, spf, and makeup, ensuring that your skin is a clean slate for your next skincare steps. In the morning, one cleanse is enough to get your skin ready for the day.
Shop our Brilliant Balm and Reviving Cleansing Cream here.
About Lucy Bee
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.
Any information provided by us is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. We always recommend referring your health queries to a qualified medical practitioner.