Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 - 20 minutes
Serves: 2 - 3
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 200g regular tofu (not silken), cut into bite-sized squares
- ½ green or red chilli, sliced
- 40g ginger, peeled and cubed
- ½ lime, juiced
- 20ml tamari
- 15ml rice wine vinegar
- Corn flour, for dusting
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 5ml sesame oil
- A small pinch of sesame seeds
- A small pinch of chilli flakes, for an extra kick
- Cover the tofu in kitchen towel to drain out the water (this can take between 10 - 30 mins), until the tofu is completely dry to the touch. It helps to place something heavy on top too, such as a plate.
- Prepare your marinade by mixing together the chilli, ginger, lime juice, tamari and rice wine vinegar, then set aside.
- Once the tofu is ready, throw away the kitchen towel, cut the tofu into equal sized squares and dust in the corn flour.
- Melt the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the tofu and cook evenly on each side. Once it is slightly golden, add the marinade.
- Continue to cook on a medium to high heat for 5-10 minutes until the marinade caramelises and the tofu is cooked through. Stir in the sesame oil.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chilli flakes.
- Serve with vegetables, rice or rice noodles and toppings of your choice – I like spring onion and coriander.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.