Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 - 4
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 2 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground, to season
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 tsp. harissa powder
- 2 tsp. caraway seeds
- 20g gluten free oats, optional - I sometimes add for an extra crunch
- 1 x 400g tin of mixed beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 400g tin of lentils, rinsed and drained
- Heat 1 tablespoon of Lucy Bee Coconut Oil in a pan, over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and seasoning and cook until the onions have softened.
- Add in the carrots, harrisa powder, caraway seeds and oats and cook for an extra 5 minutes, on a low heat.
- Meanwhile, add the beans and lentils to a large bowl and mash together until completely combined, then add this to the pan and stir everything together.
- Divide the mixture into either 3 large patties or 4 smaller patties and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- To cook, add the remaining Lucy Bee Coconut Oil to a pan and once melted, add the patties. Fry for approximately 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Serve with your favourite toppings. We like to enjoy with sweet potato wedges, too.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.