Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian
- 110g Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar + 2 tbsp. for glaze
- 120g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, melted
- 3 eggs
- Zest of 2 limes plus juice for the glaze
- 175g gluten free self raising flour
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp. gluten free baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 170C, 325F, gas mark 3 and line a loaf tin with baking paper along the bottom.
- In a bowl, mix together the Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar, Lucy Bee Coconut Oil and eggs until combined.
- Add the lime zest, flour, desiccated coconut and baking powder and mix together well until a batter is formed.
- Pour the mixture into the lined cake tin and bake in the center of the oven for 40 minutes. The cake should be lightly golden and have a nice rise to it. To test the cake, insert a skewer or toothpick into the center and if it comes out clean the cake is ready.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then turn out and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- Mix the sugar and lime juice together.
- Turn your cake out onto a board or a plate and with a fork, prick some holes into the top of the cake and gently spoon over the sugar and lime mixture. Leave this to set and slightly crystalize.
- We decided to decorate ours with edible flowers when it was completely cool! You could also make these as mini-cakes.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.