Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 250g split red lentils
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp. Lucy Bee Turmeric Blend
- 80g Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut
- 340ml water (for the coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. mustard seeds
- A large handful of spinach
- 1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt
- Place the lentils in a large saucepan with 1 litre of water, the cinnamon stick and Lucy Bee Turmeric Blend and bring to the boil, then simmer for about 30 minutes until the lentils are cooked.
- Add Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut and 340ml water to a blender and blend until completely combined to coconut milk.
- Add the coconut milk and continue to simmer for 10 – 15 minutes until it thickens, then remove from the heat.
- In a separate pan, melt the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil and sauté the onion until soft before adding the garlic and ginger for a further few minutes.
- Add the cumin, coriander and mustard seeds. Place a lid over and gently sauté until the mustard seeds stop popping.
- Add the spinach and tinned tomatoes, stir well and simmer for a further few minutes, allowing the flavours to blend together.
- Pour this spinach /tomato mixture into the dhal, stir well and season with Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.