Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Serves: Makes 10-16 ghosts, depending on the size
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Vegetarian, Diary Free
- 2 egg whites
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 squares of chocolate - dairy free
- A piping bag is needed for this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 100C, 220F, gas mark 1/4. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the egg whites into a clean mixing bowl and whisk with a hand-whisk, until stiff peaks are formed.
- One tablespoon at a time add the sugar, whisk then repeat until all the sugar has been added and mix for approximately 5 minutes, until a stiff peak is formed again (to test, try carefully tipping the bowl upside down – the mixture should stay put and not fall out!).
- Fill the piping bag with the meringue mixture and cut the tip of the bag to about the size of a 50p piece. Squeeze the mixture out onto the greaseproof paper and pull up as you squeeze it, finishing with a pointy ghost-shaped tip, leaving about 1cm between each meringue.
- Once you have piped all the ghosts, bake in the oven for 40 – 50 minutes until they are easy to peel off the paper - if the mixture is still sticking, pop them in for a little longer.
- Once they are cooked, remove from the oven and let them cool.
- Melt the chocolate by adding it to a heatproof bowl and set this over a saucepan of boiling water. Once melted, use a toothpick to draw eyes and a mouth on each meringue.
- Leave to cool before serving.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.