Preparation Time: 15 - 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Vegan
- 175g quinoa
- ½ tbsp. Lucy Bee Turmeric Blend Powder
- 450ml vegetable stock
- 50g currants/raisins (optional)
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground
- ½ tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ - ¾ tsp. cinnamon powder
- A pinch of dried chilli flakes, (optional) to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 aubergine, diced
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 30ml water
- 3-400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- To serve: yoghurt of your choice, fresh coriander, black pepper, chilli flakes and lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4.
- In an ovenproof dish, add the quinoa and Lucy Bee Turmeric Powder and mix to combine before adding the stock. Stir to mix together. Add the currants, if using and seasoning and cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add Lucy Bee Coconut oil to a frying pan, along with the onion and cook until soft, on a medium heat for approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the coriander, cumin, smoked paprika, cinnamon powder, chilli flakes and seasoning. Stir together then add the garlic and aubergine. Fry for a couple of minutes before adding the tomatoes with 30ml of water and chickpeas. Cook for 5-7 minutes to soften all of the ingredients.
- Remove the quinoa from the oven and ‘fluff’ it up with a spoon or fork, before adding the chickpea and aubergine mixture on top of the quinoa. Return the dish to the oven and cook for a further 35 minutes, or until the aubergine is completely cooked and soft.
- Serve as a main dish or side to suit your preference.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.