Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 - 20 minutes
Serves: Makes 2 meals - fills 2 x 500ml Lucy Bee Coconut Oil jars
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground
- 1tsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar
- ½ - 1 tsp. tamari
- 60g tofu
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. of freshly grated ginger
- Juice of 1 lime
- 200g brown rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 70g edamame beans
- 1-2 spring onions, sliced
- Hot water to reheat
- In a pan on a low-medium heat, add 1 tbsp. of the sesame oil, 1 garlic clove, ground Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar, tamari and tofu and cook for 2 minutes before topping the tofu with some cayenne pepper. Cook until golden then turn the tofu over and sprinkle cayenne pepper to the side facing you and again, cook until golden. Keep turning for even colour and then cut into bite-sized cubes. When fully cooked, the tofu should be quite sticky with a golden but lightly crisped exterior. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, add the sesame oil, remaining garlic, ginger, ground Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, lime and 1 tbsp. of tamari, mix together and season to taste.
- Split this mixture between two containers of your choice - we used 2 empty 500ml Lucy Bee Coconut Oil jars. Top with the pre-cooked rice (half in each container/jar). Add the vegetables: carrot; spinach; edamame beans; then top with the cooled tofu and spring onions. Pop the lid on the jar and keep in the fridge until ready to use.
- When ready to eat, take out of the fridge. It is advised to allow the jar to reach room temperature before adding the water, If it's straight from the fridge, add a little room-temperature water to the jar first. Boil the kettle and SLOWLY pour hot water into the jar - at least half full for a thicker sauce or more for a soup-like consistency. Close the lid, allow to stew for 5-10 minutes and shake up the jar to mix the flavours about, before serving.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.