Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Allergy Information: Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- 120g brown rice pasta
- 300ml Lucy Bee Coconut Milk
- 30g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, melted
- 30g gluten free plain flour
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground, to season
- 100g mozzarella balls
- 120g chopped asparagus (save the heads for the top), uncooked
- 120g garden peas, uncooked
- 120g tin broad beans, drained
- 50g vegetarian hard cheese (please note Parmesan is not vegetarian), grated
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4.
- Start by cooking the pasta in boiling water until al dente (check the packet instructions). Drain and rinse the pasta and mix in a teaspoon of melted Lucy Bee Coconut Oil (this will stop it from sticking together while you make the cheese sauce – alternatively, refresh by pouring boiling water over the pasta).
- Next to make the cheese sauce: add the Lucy Bee Coconut Milk, Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, flour, Dijon mustard and Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and ground Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns to a saucepan and stir continuously over a medium heat making sure there are no lumps, until a sauce is formed. After about 4-5 minutes the sauce will start to thicken, add the mozzarella and continue stirring until combined. Set this aside.
- Stir the pasta into the cheese sauce along with all the vegetables and half of the parmesan. Pour all the ingredients into an ovenproof dish. Place the asparagus tips in a row and sprinkle the top with the remaining parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes until all the cheese has melted and the top is golden brown.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.