Preparation Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Vegetarian, Dairy Free
- 150g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, melted plus extra for greasing
- 240g, gluten free plain flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 140g Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar plus 2 tbsp. for the top
- ½ tsp. Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp. gluten free baking powder
- 150g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 80g yoghurt (any yoghurt including dairy free works for this)
- 350g strawberries chopped into quarters
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4.
- Grease a 24cm loose bottom tin with Lucy Bee Coconut Oil.
- In a bowl, add the flour, ground almonds, 140g Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar, Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and baking powder and mix with a spoon until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, eggs, vanilla extract and yoghurt and whisk until combined.
- Fold the dry mixture into the wet mixture, followed by the strawberries, then pour the batter into the prepared tin and sprinkle two tablespoons of sugar over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes. The cake should be lightly golden and have risen. To test the cake, insert a skewer or toothpick into the centre and if it comes out clean the cake is ready. Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then turn out and let it cool completely on a wire rack
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.