Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 minutes
Serves: Makes approximately 300ml
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 heaped tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 tsp. coriander seeds
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 lemongrass stalks, sliced
- 3 red chillies, deseeded and sliced*
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, finely diced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, fresh or dried
- 1 tsp. paprika, not smoked
- 2 tsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut, melted
- 50ml water
- *keep some seeds and add for extra heat
- Dry fry the coriander and cumin seeds on a low heat until the aromas begin to emerge - this should only take a couple of minutes. Transfer to a food processor, along with all the other ingredients.
- Blend for 1 minute to combine - you may need to scrape down the sides a few times, to make sure it blends properly. Add a little more water, if needed, to create a smoother paste and adjust the spices to suit your taste.
- Transfer to an airtight jar (our 300ml Coconut Oil jar is the ideal size) and store in the fridge until ready to use - it should keep for up to 1 month in the fridge, assuming good food hygiene.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.