Vitamin C Illuminating Super Serum, All you Need to Know
We’re putting the care back into skincare
Ease the signs of ageing with this lightweight and fragrance free face serum which will keep skin radiant, hydrated and nourished all day long. It includes a pearlescent pigment giving an iridescent shimmer which catches the sunlight for an instantly flawless glow. Use on its own, under moisturiser or as a primer.
- Vitamin C to brighten your complexion, even skin tone and give visibly smoother skin
- Orange Flower Hydrolat to soothe and condition skin, helping with dry and damaged skin
- Vitamin E, an antioxidant which helps to protect skin cells from oxidative stress, leaving skin nourished and soft
- Coconut Water to replenish dehydrated skin. Rich in vitamins and antioxidants
- Cloudberry Seed Oil to condition skin and helps with dry damaged skin
- Aloe Vera to moisturise, soften, soothe and condition skin. Helps with dry damaged skin
- Grapeseed Oil is high in linoleic acid to moisturise and nourish skin
- Rosehip Oil, an emollient which helps to soften and brighten skin
- Certified COSMOS Organic, Cruelty Free and Vegan
- Ethical Best Buy, as voted by the Ethical Consumer Magazine
- No palm oil
- Glass bottle, easily recyclable
We’ve formulated this product with no added fragrance because we understand how sensitive some skin types can be. However,
How To Use
After cleansing and toning, apply the serum to your face, letting the serum fully absorb before applying your face cream.
Avoid direct contact with eyes. If product enters the eyes rinse well with warm water. If irritation occurs, discontinue use.
No Palm Oil
Many skincare products list palm oil, or its derivatives, in their ingredients but we choose not to use it in any form in ours, due to its negative impact on the environment, habitat, animals and eco-systems.
There’s hardly a day goes by without reading in the press about deforestation for palm oil production and the fact that they very existence of orangutans is threatened because of this.
Many ingredients used in skincare include a derivative of palm oil, and it’s not always obvious that it’s been used. For example, some emulsifiers are sourced from either palm oil or coconut and the manufacturer of the emulsifier may not differentiate the source. We can confirm that no palm oil or derivatives of palm oil are used in any of our products.
Palm oil (including derivatives of palm oil)
All packaging for our Vitamin C Illuminating Super Serum is fully recyclable:
- Frosted glass bottle
- Pump and lid
- FSC cardboard outer carton
- FSC cardboard inner liner
- How often should I use this face serum?
We recommend incorporating it into your daily skincare routine.
- Is it suitable for sensitive skin?
Our Vitamin C Illuminating Super Serum has been dermatologically approved for sensitive skin by an independent testing house. Everyone’s skin is different however, and as is the case when using any new product, we recommend doing a small patch test before using this to check that it suits your skin.
- Where should I use it in my skincare routine?
The best time to use a Face Serum is after cleansing and exfoliating and before applying your face cream/moisturiser. We recommend applying the serum, allow it to fully absorb absorb and then apply your face cream.
- Is the Vitamin C Illuminating Super Serum suitable for use in pregnancy and when breastfeeding?
Yes, this can be used in pregnancy and when breastfeeding.
- Can teenagers use this Face Serum?
Although it’s not been tested on teenagers, the ingredients used are completely natural. As with introducing any new product, we would recommend doing a patch test first.
- Does this product contain alcohol?
No, it doesn’t contain alcohol. In the cosmetic world, when a product states that it is “alcohol free” it is referring to the formulation being free from Alcohol Denat / Ethanol (ethyl alcohol), which our Radiance-Boosting Face Cream, Reviving Cleansing Cream, Dazzling Tonic, Vitamin-Rich Sweet Glow Face Scrub, Vitamin A Anti-Ageing Eye Serum and Vitamin C Illuminating Super Serum are free from.
All other types of alcohol such as fatty alcohols (cetearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, etc.), preservatives such as Benzyl Alcohol should not be taken into consideration in this respect. Lucy Bee uses benzyl alcohol in some products. This is a broad-spectrum preservative system (it means it protects against bacteria, yeast and fungi) for personal care (combined to dehydroacetic acid). It meets COSMOS Organic standard and is effective in a wide pH range.
- When should I do a patch test?
When using any new product we recommend doing a patch test first. See here for how to patch test.
- How should I store this?
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight or heat.
- Which ingredient is the Vitamin C?
Ascorbyl Glucoside which is a stable form of vitamin C. It will help to brighten your complexion giving your skin a radiant glow and ease off the signs of ageing, by reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Does this product contain nuts?
Yes, this contains almond oil and is not suitable for those with nut allergies.
Aqua (Water), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water*, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bier Orange) Flower Water*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Lactate, Coconut Alkanes, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Fruit Oil*, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Rubus Chamaemorus (Cloudberry) Seed Oil, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Tocopherol, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Citrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder*, Dehydroacetic Acid, Silica, Sodium Phytate, Citric Acid, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract*, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract*, Garcinia Mangostana Fruit Extract*, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract*, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Extract*, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019).
*Organically grown ingredients
Of total: 36% organic, 98% natural origin
Contains nuts – not suitable for those with nut allergies
UK Ethical Best Buy
COSMOS Organic (Soil Association)
Cruelty Free International